Peter Jordan, Founder, Gen C Traveller
Services: Bespoke travel industry research / Consumer trends analysis / Keynote presentations / Strategy workshops
Specialist on: Millennials – global youth travel – tourism megatrends – the sharing economy – emerging markets – tourism dispersal – LGBT travel
I’m a tourism strategist, researcher and educator. Throughout my 10+ years in tourism & travel, I have built a strong reputation for delivering insights on travel, marketing and consumer trends that are trustworthy, thought-provoking and inspire people to take action.
I love to work at the cutting edge of tourism industry research and strategy building. In particular, I’ve generated pioneering insights into the ways that younger travellers will shape destination product development and marketing in the years to come. Additionally, I have written and presented extensively on areas as diverse as the travel habits of Millennials from mature and emerging outbound markets; how to tackle tourism concentration and dispersal; the impact of the sharing economy on destinations, the future of food & fine dining in travel and; the future of LGBT tourism.
I am also proud to be an International Associate of TOPOSOPHY, a full-service destination marketing and development agency.
What do I do?
• Analyse trends in destination marketing, e-commerce and P2P platform development
• Map consumer trends and measure their impact on the travel industry
• Share my expertise on Millennials and emerging outbound markets
• Build contacts in global tourism organisations, travel media and DMOs
• Give keynote presentations at national and international tourism events every year (in the past I’ve spoken at WTM London, ITB Berlin, IGLTA Convention Los Angeles, JATA Tokyo, AYTE Sydney, GTEF Macau and MICECON Manila.
My published works include ‘The Manifest on the Future of DMOs’ (European Cities Marketing, 2017), ‘The Rise of the Young Asian Traveller’ (PATA, 2014), How to Put Your Place on the Millennials Map (Toposophy, 2015), ‘Stepping Out of the Crowd (PATA, 2016) and two editions of the UNWTO Global Report on LGBT Tourism.
Find out more about my publications
You can find out more about my projects and professional background by visiting my LinkedIn profile
Want to check out some of the reports I’ve worked on? Check my bibliography
Want to find out more about one of my recent presentations? Check my latest presentations
Check my latest updates on Twitter: @genctraveller
You can also drop me a line at genctraveller [at] gmail [dot] com