Welcome to my video debut, a more exciting way of explaining to you the results of a landmark project I’ve just completed; the UNWTO Global Report on LGBT Travel.
This updated and expanded edition of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s first Global Report on LGBT Travel (you can find it in my publications) will look at where demand for global travel by lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender consumers will come from in the future.
This project has been a year’s work, and I’m proud to present what I found to the delegates of #IGLTA2017, the 34th Annual Global Convention of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) in St Petersburg, Florida.
This report will cover:
- The global state of LGBT rights
- The role of the United Nations in seeking equal rights for LGBT people
- Understanding the LGBT consumer
- Key trends in LGBT tourism:
- Diversification in destinations and product development for the LGBT traveller
- The influence of Millennials on LGBT tourism
- The status of LGBT consumers in emerging outbound markets
- Multi-generational LGBT travel
- Understanding the transgender traveller
- Extensive recommendations for both mature and emerging destinations for the LGBT segment
The report will available in print to IGLTA Convention delegates, and for free download from the UNWTO. Please stay tuned to @genctraveller and @IGLTA and catch the report hot off the press!
Video: Patrizia D’Aloe