What’s a ‘Gen C Traveller’?
To understand Gen C is to understand the travel consumer of the 21st century. The ways in which Gen C consumers are planning, booking, experiencing and talking about their travel are already having a profound impact on the global travel and tourism industry; introducing new brands, new ideas and shaking up the traditional tourism value chain.
According to Google, Gen C is a powerful new force in consumer culture. It’s a term we use to describe people who care deeply about creation, curation, connection, and community. It’s an attitude and mind-set defined by key characteristics.
- Gen C is a state of mind
- Gen C strives for expression
- Gen C is a taste-maker
- Gen C defines the social network
- Gen C is constantly connected
- Gen C values relevance and originality
According to a 2010 report by Booz&Co, Gen C are:
- Community-orientated, and…
- Always clicking
Curated by global tourism industry consultant and Millennial trends-watcher Peter Jordan, the aim of this site is to help you understand how Gen C travellers (particularly Millennials) interact with brands at every stage of their journey. As a highly influential and increasingly affluent consumer group, they’re the ones to watch.
Find out more:
- Check out the main homepage for analysis of the latest industry news
- Follow Gen C on Twitter: @genctraveller
- Learn more about the author